Along this journey one of the most common questions we have received is "why umbrellas?", so this is it:
- Umbrellas have been made by skilled artisans for centuries with each canopy fabric, clasp and handle carefully chosen. In parts of Europe and Japan these handcrafted umbrellas still exist today
- However, the majority of umbrellas brands appear to be making umbrellas with no love - scratchy thin fabric, loud prints and cheap components
- We resented spending any money on cheap products that we didn't like
- We were looking for umbrellas that we wanted to take out, that match the beautiful coats and bags we had saved up for that season
- We have seen too many sad, broken, black umbrellas abandoned throughout our city
Take your time, have a look around. We hope our umbrellas bring some fun back to your rainy days.